Monday 11 May 2015

It's actually Monday but that tells you about the week I've had so far. No matter ... Island Proposal is out, and proud.




I've had a thrill of a ride lately! Which is probably why this is called Sunday night and not Monday night.

Island Proposal - number 6 of my stories set on fictional Australis Island is now published with the discerning Emerald Romance. I'm in great company with Annie Seaton and her team of authors.

And very happily, luckily for me - Emerald Romance has also offered to re-release all five of my previously published books in the next few months in 2015.

What a roller coaster ride the last two years have been! What I have learned along the way! What I have had the most delicious fun doing! (That should be the sum total of my exclamation marks throughout this blog.)

Island Proposal
Writing this story, as with all my Australis Island stories, I have taken the opportunity to showcase life and land and produce on the island on which Australis Island is based.

It, too, is a magical place - great food, great wines and spirits, great landscapes and seascapes, and great companies carrying our visitors in style and comfort, or accommodating them in great B&B's, the best of which, in my oh-so-humble opinion - Stranraer Homestead - is featured a little in this story.

In Island Proposal, our heroine, Madelaine is a chef whose business caters for the independent traveller. Troy, our hero, is also a chef, and a descendant of one of the founding families on Australis Island, one who's about to become very rich - IF he marries by his birthday.

Throw in a pot of aromatic, rich and tongue-tingling native currants bubbling away to become a piquant chutney, Troy's father and Madelaine's mother who have a little surprise, a suspicious marriage celebrant, an icky baby at a wedding and spectacular coastal views from a house set on a secluded hilltop, and I reckon you might have just as much fun reading it as I had writing it. I certainly had fun 'working' in Madelaine's spectacular kitchen.

Australis Island comes alive again with Island Proposal ...open the cover, have a peek inside and visit - we'd love you see you there.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post Darry. Great to see your titles at home with Emerald Publishing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth - I'm pretty happy about it

      Delete
  2. I love it that you're blogging - agree with Elizabeth. And I love your Australis Island. Great new book, BTW

    ReplyDelete